Opening day: the orators
- Centennial Photographic Co.
Photograph Series III
- "Opening day, May 10, 1876. The opening ceremonies took place on the terraces of the Art Gallery and in the area facing the Main Building. Speakers' stands were erected in front of the Art Gallery, and stands for a great choir and orchestra were placed directly opposite, before the entrance of the Main Building. President and Mrs. Grant were present as were the Emperor Pedro II and Empress Theresa of Brazil." -- Looney, Old Philadelphia in Early Photographs, p. 197.
- 1 silver albumen print; 33 x 41 cm.
- Mounted on backing board.
- Opening day ceremony of the 1876 Centennial Exhibition depicting Art Gallery with trolley cars and crowd of attendees with umbrellas under stormy skies.