The second Drury Lane Theatre, 1674-1791
The Theatre Royal or the Drury Lane theatre had several incarnations. The first theatre dates back to1663, it burned down in 1672. The second theatre opened in 1674. It was designed by Sir Christopher Wren and last until 1791. The third and largest version was short lived. It opened in 1794 and burned down in 1809. The final version and the building that stands today opened 1812.
Image Source: Circulating Collection, Print and Picture Collection, Free Library of Philadelphia. Subject: Theatres -- England.
Original image source: Brook, Donald. The Romance of the English Theatre. London: Rockliff, 1947